If you live a fast-paced urban lifestyle, life can be challenging and if you are a career-minded go-getter, your health should never be taken for granted. Living and working in the city takes its toll on your skin and without a balanced diet, your immune system is working full time, and with that in mind, here are a few health hacks that everyone should know.
- Organic fruits & veg – Whether you live in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, you can order fresh fruit and vegetables direct from a small farm’s website. A weekly order is all it takes to ensure that you have healthy organic produce in your fridge; make tasty smoothies to charge your batteries in the morning.
- Health check-ups – An annual eye appointment in Kirrawee is recommended; eye care is essential and even if you have no vision issues, you should still have an eye examination from a healthcare professional. A general health check once a year makes a lot of sense, plus it gives you peace of mind.
- Daily workout – Your body was designed for action and should therefore be pushed on a daily basis; you might get away with a week or two of inactivity, but any longer than that will impact your fitness levels. A 30-minute routine first thing in the morning is recommended and if you can find the time, an evening workout completes the routine.
- Take a daily A-Z supplement – As we get older, our immune system loses efficiency and your diet could lack essential vitamins and minerals; taking a daily A-Z tablet ensures that you are not lacking in essential nutrients. If you are over 40, a daily vitamin supplement is recommended by doctors and you can order a 3-month package online.
- Skincare – Both sexes have to endure air pollution and harmful UV, which can cause skin allergies. Order sunscreen online and apply this before you expose yourself to the sun and you can put off those age wrinkles! Click here for signs of an approaching burnout.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption – Count the number of alcohol units you drink per week and check online to see how you rate. If you exceed the recommended number of units, make adjustments to your lifestyle and your body will thank you.
- Yoga & meditation – People who practice yoga are generally calmer than those who do not, while meditation is known to reduce stress. If you can find thirty minutes a day when you can roll out the yoga mat and go through a series of postures, your mood will improve; we should never take our mental health & well-being for granted and if you have anything on your mind, talk to a good friend.
The hot climate here in Australia can take its toll on the body and that means taking precautions to maintain your health & well-being. We hope that the above tips help you to a healthier lifestyle.