As we have various types of bikes, we also have different physical structures. Getting a bike is not enough; you need to ensure that the bike fits your body structure. Getting the bike fit with your body structure and height is necessary for optimal performance efficiency and comfortability.
What does it mean to get a bike fit?
Getting a bike fit is a way to avoid discomfort while riding. Driving a bike that doesn’t fit your height and body structure can cause pain in some crucial parts of your body, like the knees and joints. If your bike is poor, it can lead to inefficient riding. Regular long hours ride can change your posture.
Ways to properly fit your bike
Below are several ways to properly fit your bike for optimal performance and comfort as a professional or leisure rider.
- Ensure that you have the correct bike frame size- having the correct bike frame from the start is necessary. Trying to adjust it to your body size can be quite difficult to fit; hence you need to buy a bike with the right frame size.
- Your current riding position should also determine your fit- the way and manner you currently prefer to ride is also a very important determinant of how you will fit your bike. You could adjust it to be high or low like the pro cyclers. Any position you choose can be readjusted later to suit your strength and flexibility.
- Adjusting existing components- your height or preference could adjust some of the bike components, like the seat. You can change the seat’s height and the angle of the seat or decide to adjust it to the back or front.
- Checking the cleat fit- when the cleat of the bike is not properly placed, it can result in a couple of discomforts. If it is too far, it will lead to knee pain or cause numbness. If it is too far to the back, you might not be able to pedal properly as enough power will not be in the muscle.
Advantages of having your bike fit
A bike with proper fitting has different advantages to health and well-being. Some of the benefits of having your bike fit will be discussed below.
- Having the proper fit on a bike will mentally prepare you for your riding challenge, as you will be comfortable while taking up the challenge. Make sure to check professionals like bike fit experts in Sydney.
- If your bike is fitted correctly, you will be confident of having efficient pedalling, more thrust in your pedalling, reasonable break control, and proper acceleration.
- Once your bike fits you, the case of cycling being stressful will be a thing of the past. In cycling, it is essential; if your flexibility is in tune with your position, you can avoid traumas.
- For optimal efficiency and a comfortable riding adventure, it is crucial to get your bike fit. Getting a fit bike will help prevent injury and discomfort. These considerations should be made before purchasing a bike.
Cycling is a form of sport and fun activity; when a bike is not properly fit, it will lead to discomfort, which will take the fun out of the ride. Before you purchase a bike or drive that has belonged to someone for a long time, ensure that it fits your body physic to avoid pain and physical reforming of the body posture.