Feeling tired all the time while running on fumes and caffeine has been glorified as a productive trait by our generation. However, the burnout it leads to can take away months of self-improvement. If you’re feeling unsettled due to your work and lifestyle, or life in general, we’ve brought you help! Use these five tips to find your motivation and optimism once again!
- Prioritize deep rest: We all assume that sleep is the only form of rest, and yet don’t get enough of it. Most of the time, bedtime is a prelude to scrolling social media, which brings up feelings of negativity at a click. Prioritize deep rest, which includes your entire body, senses, spirit, and human experience to feel fantastic.
- Strive to work mindfully: While working on our projects or in organizations, we usually let autopilot. This not only makes your work mechanical but provides no sense of achievement in your mind, thus creating an uninspired feeling. Take the time to intentionally slow down and be in the moment as you perform any task. This not only makes you more grounded and centered but removes thoughts of anxiety.
- Work with herbs: Your state of mind largely depends on your inner mood, hormonal levels, and triggers. When you have experienced adversities in life, your mindset may be morphed with changes in the brain signals. This means feeling on edge with no actual threat, disproportionate reactivity, and much more. Trying out herbs and tinctures like westcoast cannabis can help in calming the nervous system, this making way for healing experiences.
- Meditate daily: There comes a time when the mind turns into a chattering monkey and does not let us focus on the present. When the inner chatter turns into intrusive thoughts, stress develops and festers deep within. The symptoms only show up much later when you’re feeling overwhelmed. To avoid feeling like a pressurized can ready to explode, meditative techniques are said to be immensely beneficial. You can take 15-30 minutes daily and meditate in a quiet place to restore your peace. This also makes you more equipped to deal with stressors and difficult coworkers calmly.
- Make time for play: It is no secret that we all are kids at heart. However, as grown-up duties ensue, keeping our inner child alive may become challenging under piling bills. Soon, your creativity and inner joy in pursuing career goals tend to dim down because there is no fun element in redundancy. Instead, you can spark your imagination back to life by helping revive your inner child. Make time for play in your life and pursue the activities that once made you happy. This could be going to the park, reading comics, playing musical instruments, or even playing with your pets.
As you can see, the path to healing lies in the little things that make our life worth living. The greatest act of self-love is looking after your mind, and we hope our blog helps you accomplish that!